Friday, March 11, 2016

Taranis OrangeRX and Sport Cub S

In order to get an OrangeRX module to work with a new Sport Cub S that I got for Christmas I had to do a few things.

1) Turn Switch 3 ON and leave Switch 4 OFF. This should put it into DSM2 mode.

2) Follow the instructions here: 
http://openrcforums.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=101&t=6837&hilit=Sport+cub#p94650

It is about setting limits and directions and channel 5/6 for the mode/panic switch. It seems that the Ch5/6 stuff should not be set to 80% as noted in these instructions. I was not getting activation of the different modes when I had it set down to 80 but YMMV.

3) Bind normally

After that, it seems to work. Just make sure that the transmitter is on before plugging the battery in. I have to re-bind it sometimes to make it work.

Binding is just plugging in the plane with the transmitter off and then holding down the bind button when turning it on.



No comments:

Post a Comment