Saturday, September 26, 2015

FrSky Taranis initial setup

I bought a frsky taranis x9d as my radio as this seems to be what many of the people on the internet recommend. There are a lot of different radios out there and all of them function just fine but the Taranis has a TON of options to customize the radio. I don't know how to use most of them now but in the future they may prove useful

When you first get the radio, it needs a little bit of configuration. Long press menu from the main screen and you'll see a bunch of options about date and volume and other general settings. Configure these as you like. Here's a nice reference on how this page works.

Basically set the time, the battery range, (I use 7.0-8.5), set volume like you want, and any alerts. There's nothing particularly fancy here. Page 8 of the setup is calibration. You should go through this. It's just a matter of setting the sticks in the middle, clicking enter, and then moving them around like it tells you to.

I pulled the SD card out of my Taranis to back it up and when I put it back into the transmitter, it wasn't playing the sounds. No "welcome to open tx", nothing. I tried to back up models and it just said "SD Card Error". Apparently the file system on the SD card got corrupted somehow. Maybe by not cleanly unmounting it. I reformatted the disk as FAT and then copied the backup stuff back on to the card. When I reinserted it, everything started working fine. So, if you want to back up the card (good idea) make sure you are careful to cleanly unmount the disk before removing it from your computer.

No comments:

Post a Comment