Saturday, September 26, 2015

Taranis first model setup

When setting up my first model I bound it and then went flying.

After thinking a bit more I realized there are a few settings that I should pay attention to.



1) Throttle cutoff.

On the inputs menu (page 5) Long press enter and then "insert after". I edited the first one and set it to "weight:0 offset:-100 and set the switch to SB up". I set the second one to normal (weight:100 offset:0 and SB down)

So when Taranis powers on, it wants all switches in the up mode. In this setting, the throttle stick does nothing. I can't accidentally turn it on without first touching the switch to set it all the way to the down position.

2) Dual Rates.

Similar to above, I set the aileron (which I actually have plugged into rudder) and elevator to both operate on switch G (SG) so that the default is low rates and the down position is high rates.The process here is the same. Long press enter and "insert after" and then edit the first one setting it for SG up and weight at, say 50. I also set expo which makes the sticks "softer" in the middle and "faster" at the extremes. You can do this or not.


No comments:

Post a Comment